No words are enough
(This is a late post.)
4 years ago, I thought that love was nothing but complete and utter happiness. I never thought that there'd be ups and downs I had to ride, lumps to get over with and rocky roads I had to dare myself to take. It wasn't a walk in the park. But still, I can't say that the 4 years hasn't been worth it too.
All the tears, the sacrifices, the energy, the time, the effort - everything - weren't worthless because with us together, nothing is "sayang." It's true we have really tough times but, those are inevitable. The good thing is that we fought and we fought hard... FOR US. And the more things we get over and the more problems we get through together, the more we know that we really are meant for each other. All these make us stronger. If I may quote myself a few entries ago:
What love has to offer, I believe, is a great array of unexplainable, mixed emotions, choices you'd never want to make, sacrifices you swore you'd never do for as long as you'd live and a free cuckoo clock that cuckoos "your life is over" every other minute...
With this great passion comes undeniable and immeasurable happiness. Yet, with this great happiness come the inevitables - the kind of anger the makes you want to punch the wall despite your new manicure and a whole crapload of tears. Blame it on love's dual nature. For love is both black and white, heaven and hell, a smile and a good cry. How one can be two things at the same time, I do not know.
Our story's not always happy but, I'm glad it's never ending...
HAPPY 4TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY, BABY!!: )

****
Yesterday was a day full of surprises. Literally.
1. Early morning, he asked me to meet him at the Ledge. It was before my first class and I had to wait for him for a good ten minutes. When I saw him, he was carrying roses, which he of course, gave to me.
2. I had a 5-hour break so I had early lunch with Bobby, Chey, Jaja, Victor and Jared. I waited for Marc to get dismissed and then I accompanied him as he had his lunch. But before he ate, he took something out from his bag. It was a a scrapbook. I got so teary-eyed, my nose and eyes hurt. I couldn't let it out lang because we were in the caf that time. Grabe, all sorts of memories were there. I can't believe he kept everything - from wrappers of chocolates that I gave him down to concert tickets. Crazy, I swear. I felt sooooo loved and appreciated.
3. He gave me a letter and inside it was a simcard. He lent me his spare phone and told me that he had a letter stored in it. Kaso lang, biglang ayaw niyang ipakita sa akin kasi he forgot it was related to his other surprises.
4. After my last class, he gave me chocolates.
5. He and I went to his car at around 6 pm. When I saw his car, two big surprises were waiting for me. The things I gave him were all there and...
6. An illustration board with cut-outs from basketball cards that formed I *heart* U. Basketball cards, man. Those were one of his most treasured things. I couldn't stop crying when I saw that. I can't believe he gave those up for me. "Because I want you to know that I'm willing to give anything and everything up for you..." :-)
7. We went to Burgoo for dinner. (EMBARRASSING!!!! The waitress found out it was our anniversary so they all gathered to sing for us.:-/)
8. After dinner, he got my hand, took out something from his pocket and proposed for the second time around. I couldn't look at him. Tangina, I swear hindi ko alam gagawin ko nun. When I said yes, he took a diamond studded ring and placed it on my ring finger. It turns out, pareho kami ng gift. I took my gift out too and I wore the ring on his finger.
He gives me idescribable happiness. I've never loved, felt loved, appreciated and given appreciation this much to anyone in the whole of my existence. God. I can't put everything into words.
Pictures at: http://kaaaam.blogspot.com/photos/album/20

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home