The language of Political Economy
Sarah's blog entry on Multiply:A coffee shop is a public place.
for sarah's contacts
I am sitting in a coffeeshop in Greenhills (which I will no longer identify) at this very moment.
I do not need to see your bare foot circling around in front of me. And you do not need to shout out that whoever has some live in partner.
I just want to study.
Maybe you should, I don't know transfer so that you people can stay actually talk to each other without screaming across the room. Seriously. Ang dami pang seats, How difficult is it to drag the tables together. And no I cannot ignore these people, especially since they have decided to strategically position themselves beside and in front of me. Very good.
=|
Hahahaha. that calls for a Strategic Trade Policy in order for your decision to be contingent upon their behavior=P
mvatolentino wrote today at 3:58 AM (Marvi Tolentino)
Haha. Perfect example of abusing public goods ;)
multiplyofkinah wrote today at 4:16 AM (Kinah Solomon)
haay nako.. thats why when there's market failure ginagamitan ng coercion yan e.. :D labyu sarah..
pinkgeek wrote today at 4:21 AM (Sarah Gomez)
HIII!!!! Hangover from the 6 hour trade session yesterday?:P
jeweleene09i wrote today at 5:15 AM (Jewel Adriano)
awww... some people just find utility in annoying others. :D
kaaaam wrote today at 7:44 AM (Me)
HAY. What is wrong with you people? Why are you using PolEco lingo in conversations such as this?
See, people are rational actors. And being the rational beings that they are, they try to maximize their interests. With a public good like that (which is non-excludable and, um, not subject to rivalry), people tend to, uh, maximize their utility, ignoring the negative externalities they produce. This explains what is happening over there, wherever you are. See, this should be one of the agendas in public policy formulation. Remember our midterm in PPA? The one about Madagascar? They have a Code of Ethics to govern the behavior of their people. Greenhills must then release an ordinance on the proper conduct of people in their vicinity. I, on the other hand, shall go hang myself because of my corny-ness. This is an attempt to be funny. I would appreciate people laughing. Thank you.
(ANO!!!!!!!! HINDI KO NA GETS SINABI KO PERO NAKAKAINIS NGA YUNG GANYANG SITUATION!!!!!!!!! YUN LANG POINT KO, ATEH.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home