Expired

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Let's talk about me and "my government"

Okay, so here I am, having a supposedly healthy, political discourse with someone. You see, my friend suddenly got mad at me for saying "not all problems in the country is the government's fault. Some of our problems also lie in the pessimistic and apathetic, even cynical, people in our country. We're not a democracy for nothing. We're a democracy because we have the power to do more than ranting, complaining or not caring." His reply? "You love the government! The government is impossible to fix because of everything it has done! The problem with you and your government is that it can't accept its faults" and goes on with a list of all the faults of the government. Did I even say MY BELOVED GOVERNMENT was NEVER at fault? IF YOU'RE SO FED UP WITH THE GOVERNMENT, YOUNG MAN, THEN DO SOMETHING BETTER THAN RANTING AND THINKING ALL IS HOPELESS.


Just so you know, the problem in the Philippines does not lie in the government alone (I NEVER SAID THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM THOUGH, IF YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE), it also lies in people like YOU who are educated but sound otherwise by trying to wash their hands clean when in fact, the way they think is a problem as well. And did I ever say their faults aren't true? I just said you cannot blame the government FOR EVERYTHING. I never said they are not at fault in any way. Do you even know the difference? I bet not. Because the problem with you and your screwed views is that you talk like you know so much when in fact, you frickin' don't. Having little knowledge is dangerous you know, especially for people like you who act like they know it all. Are you sure you still want to talk? Because if you ask me, I don't want to waste energy typing my own opinions, which I am entitled to by the way, for someone who chooses to close his mind on others' PsOV. I feel like I'm shooting BLANKS while talking.

When I say the problem does not lie in the government alone, don't say a thing unless you can say something better than "You love the government." If you are as smart as you think you are, you would recognize that I am just being unbiased and OPEN MINDED unlike you, who knows nothing but rant, without knowing you can do better than that.

P.S. "SAGOT magaling na bayani!!!!" -- Hahahahaha, thanks, I never knew I could be one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home